Search engine optimization (SEO) has become an essential strategy for any organization to undertake.
By implementing an effective SEO plan, your website will be able to rank higher in search engine results, attracting more visitors and leads.
However, before taking any action to optimize your website, you should do an SEO audit to assess the current situation.
An SEO audit is the process of examining your website’s current state using various tools and methods. An SEO audit can help you understand what needs to be done to improve your website for higher rankings in search engine results.
Following the SEO audit, you will be able to create an SEO report that you can use as a guide to implement all of the improvements.
Continue reading if you want to create a stunning SEO report. In this post, we’ll provide you some pointers on how to go about it.
Let’s get right to it.
What is an SEO report?
An SEO report is a document that offers an overview of your website’s current situation as well as the necessary actions to enhance it. It also provides suggestions on how to improve the performance of your website.
The SEO report is a great method to demonstrate an organization or potential client your SEO efforts, and it can also be used as a guide to improve your ranks and attract more visitors.
What you need to include in your SEO report
An SEO report may have several parts that pertain to various facets of the SEO field.
Here is a list of the most critical elements to include in your SEO report:
- Technical SEO – This focuses on enhancing the code, structure, and content of your website. This component of your SEO report should include an introduction to technical SEO as well as tools for carrying it out.
- Ranking and tracked keywords – a list of the most important keywords you’ve monitored, as well as those that are bringing in the greatest traffic and should be given more attention. This section of your SEO report should also provide an overview of ranking and the strategies you employed to track your keywords.
- Top performing pages – a list of the most popular and relevant pages on your website.
- Backlinks – A list of links pointing to your website from other websites. They are sometimes referred to as inbound or incoming links.
- Local SEO – It refers to the practice of optimizing your website for specific geographical search results. As a result, you may include a list of keywords that refer to the place where your business operates as well as the primary keywords that are significant to the region where your business is located. This will increase your website’s position in the relevant area’s search results.
- What you’ve achieved so far – A list of major outcomes got from your prior SEO approach, if any.
- What actions you plan to perform next – Based on the data and outcomes acquired in your SEO report, you should also include and indicate how you intend to improve or reorganize your website optimization strategies.
How to create a stunning SEO report
Now that you understand what an SEO report is and what it should include, it is time to learn how to construct one efficiently.
The following is a summary of the most important elements to remember and guidelines to follow.
1. Use a business report template
The easiest method to gain a clear picture of your website’s SEO success is to build a report that displays all of the findings and indications in a straightforward and visible way.
As a result, it is critical to structure your SEO report in a more digestible and easily reading manner.
Organizing these findings manually from scratch can be time-consuming and complex.
Fortunately, there are other options; in fact, you use a business report template.
Templates give you with a pre-made structure and style that will set you apart from your clients and business partners in terms of professionalism.
2. Harm you with the right SEO tools
You should already have the structure of your SEO report in place at this stage. It’s now time to determine all of the tools you’ll need to get the appropriate data you’ll need to complete it.
There are various tools available on the internet, each of which is thought to be the finest at supplying you with precise data on your SEO performance.
Here’s a summary of some of the most common SEO tools to consider:
- pixillab – it is an affordable website analysis, reporting, and optimization tool that provides you with all the information you need in order to make the best decisions for your website.
- Google Analytics – it is a free tool that allows you to see and understand your or your client’s website traffic and how it is performing, users behavior, and other important data.
- Google Search Console – this is another free tool that allows you to see the search volume of your website and the keywords that are driving traffic to your site.
- Semrush – it is an all-in-one tool suite for improving online visibility and discovering marketing insights. Its tools include keyword research, on-page SEO, local SEO, rank tracking, and more.
- Ahrefs – it is an SEO software suite that contains tools for link building, keyword research, competitor analysis, rank tracking and site audits.
- Ubersuggest – it allows you to get relevant data and insights through the use of its multiple tools, which include SEO analyzer, Backlink checker, Website Traffic Checker, and more.
- Moz – it is a popular all-in-one SEO software suite that contains tools designed to improve search engine visibility. Key features include Link Explorer, Keyword Explorer and Rank Tracker.
3. Use the right data for your report
Some data may be more significant than others depending on the goals you establish and what you want to achieve.
As a result, you must ensure that you pay close attention to the data that is essential to your aim.
For example, if your primary goal is to boost the traffic to your website, you may concentrate on data like as the number of visits, the average time spent on your website, the number of unique users, and so on.
4. Start your report with an executive summary
While your comprehensive SEO reports should be as detailed as possible, it may also make sense to generate a one-page summary report to provide an overview of your performance.
This way, you or your client’s CEO, CMO, or other higher-level stakeholders can instantly understand the work you’re doing without having to read a 10 or more-page report.
Knowing your audience is the key to generating a successful executive summary when creating reports for customers. You may edit this one-pager to highlight the specific data points the executive team is likely to care about by assessing the audience’s degree of SEO awareness.
5. Include analysis, comments or recommendations in your report
The gathering of data is merely the first step in creating your report. In fact, to make it stand out, you should incorporate analysis as well as action plans or suggestions in your reports.
In other words, depending on the data obtained from the different tools, you’ll need to devise strategies for enhancing those outcomes that exhibit flaws or have the potential to be optimized.
You may accomplish this by adding comments around the data or by creating a separate page in which you specify all of the recommendations and actions you’d take.
6. Perform a final review
If you’re preparing an SEO report for a customer, it’s a good idea to double-check it to make sure you’re highlighting the right elements.
Because not everyone is an SEO specialist, ensure that the information you provide is straightforward to comprehend. You should ensure that the language used throughout the report is clearly understood, even by beginners or those with little to no expertise of SEO.
So, if you mention search visibility, for example, be sure your viewers understand what you mean. As a result, you may provide a note or a link that explains all of the technical words.
SEO reports are critical papers for assessing the success of your or your clients’ websites.
Furthermore, it aids in visualizing your ideas and providing a clear overview of current results and data, allowing you to develop a winning plan and improve the performance of your SEO efforts.
As seen throughout this post, there are several methods to build great SEO reports, with themes and the correct tools being only a few of them.
Implementing them will allow you to better build your SEO strategy and acquire the trust of your clientele.
Thank you for reading this post. Hopefully, it was informative and helpful.
If you want to read more, please check out this article on the tips to becoming the best SEO expert.